Lead Architectural Designer - Multifamily/Mixed-Use
Designs, manages, and coordinates project teams and team assignments to drive architectural projects through design. Management of the design process with the Client and Project Team. Responsible for ensuring that production of construction documents meet the design intent. Provides input to technical/design issues and provides guidance to team. Full knowledge of architectural principles / practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Client and project teams to develop architectural solutions from conceptual level through schematic design â€“ with input through construction documentation.
- Work closely with Project Manager to ensure that all information necessary for the successful production of the design is clearly understood.
- Coordinate with consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Prepare conceptual designs, space plans, presentations, and oversee design development.
- Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions.
- Lead vision on graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to presenting design concepts both internally and to external clients.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Manage and maintain client relationships.
- Coordinate with M+A office leadership as needed.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Provide other support as assigned.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Proficient in 2D/3D software including Revit, AutoCAD, 3D StudioMax, SketchUp, Rhino, Grasshopper, PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of materials, construction techniques, and building codes.
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and structures
- Strong leadership abilities and the ability to manage teams and projects
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 10-15 years professional experience.
- Bachelor's / Master degree in Architecture or design related field
- Licensed Architect preferred
- Experience in Mixed-Use and Multi-Family projects
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is constructive in dealing with clients, consultants, co-workers, and management.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.Â This description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
M+A Architects is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.