Client driven, relationship centered, technically adept and solution focused, the Project Manager skillfully navigates the wide array of tasks and responsibilities required to successfully deliver our client’s projects, works to provide the highest level of client service and helps to increase our industry visibility.
As Project Manager, you may take on the leadership of a few to several small teams and guide each team through the entire architectural process, for projects of sizes, scopes and complexities appropriate to your skills and abilities, supported by a Senior PM/PA and/or your Director. You may also work in a collaborative mentored role supporting a Senior PM/PA and/or your Director on larger projects of a complex nature, as part of a larger project team led by senior M+A staff. Your time will be spent working directly with the client, coordinating consultants, and leading or helping to lead the project team through each project.
Building an increasingly strong understanding of project schedule, scope, technical requirements, document production, and the overall project delivery process, you will be encouraged to grow your role to take on ever more challenging projects as your professional capacities expand, with abundant opportunity for personal and professional growth. You will work hand and hand with our Senior PM/PAs and Directors who will challenge you and help you to accomplish your personal and professional goals.
Aligning with M+A’s Core Values, Project Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop project schedules, budgets, and scopes to help guide your team and ensure efficient production practices, independently or in cooperation with the Senior PM/PA and/or your Director, as project complexities require.
- Guide and work alongside a production team through the entire architectural process, from early site analysis and due diligence all the way through project close out, taking ownership of document and other project deliverables to ensure team success.
- Encourage and support the project team as they work through daily challenges, in cooperation with the Senior PM/PA and/or your Director.
- Provide guidance and support to the client and project consultants.
- Understand appropriate industry technologies and software and leverage their capabilities to improve architectural document delivery and production processes.
- Understand and incorporate the use of various contractor, client-specific and construction management driven software on projects as needed and required.
- Focus on how client needs can drive innovation and work to find new ways to meet and manage client expectations.
- Explore new ways to leverage technology to enhance project delivery and/or to grow client service opportunities.
- Understand the importance of sales strategies and client support services.
- Extend knowledge gained through a pre-professional or professional degree in architecture or construction management, and your 8+ years of experience working in the industry, always seeking to become more accomplished and knowledgeable.
- Develop and expand on your existing working knowledge of construction technologies, materials and methods, specifications, sustainability strategies, regulatory codes and guidelines, and zoning and permitting processes that affect project design and delivery.
- Take advantage of additional learning opportunities that are offered through M+A and through other outlets to help foster your growth and help you reach your goals, including participating in industry related associations and community service activities.
- Manage the entire project life cycle, independently or in cooperation with the Senior PM/PA and/or your Director, as project complexities require.
- Directly produce project deliverables as well as leading and directing the project team through overall production activities.
- Schedule production activities and staffing in alignment with available project hours, independently or in cooperation with the Senior PM/PA and/or your Director.
- Facilitate development of high quality deliverables by reviewing drawings, specifications and other project documents before issuance; facilitate intermittent and final review by the Principal-in-Charge of the project prior to issuance of stamped documents.
- Create proposals, manage consulting team engagements and formal contracting with both the Client and the consulting team, independently or in cooperation with the Senior PM/PA and/or your Director, as project complexities require.
- Attend and/or lead construction job site meetings, independently or in cooperation with the Senior PM/PA and/or your Director, as project complexities require.
- Driven + Confident
- Challenge yourself by developing a growth plan at the outset of your employment that aligns your personal growth with company and industry opportunities, including pursuing architectural registration and/or other qualifications or credentials if not already completed. Architectural registration at hiring or within 2 years is preferred.
- Dedicate time on an ongoing basis to meet with your supervisor and/or other mentors to accomplish your growth plan.
- Foster strong partnership with consultants as well as clients.
- Grow contact list and drive new networking opportunities.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is constructive in dealing with clients, consultants, co-workers, and management.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. This description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
M+A Architects is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Qualified candidates please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Project Manager.