Senior Project Manager
Overall project management responsibilities for a variety of projects and/or clients, including client management, internal and external project team management, business development, project scheduling and budgeting, and delivery of technically proficient and responsive construction documents and related professional services for healthcare and other technically similar project types.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communication and coordination with clients, consultants, and all in-house team members, including Principal in Charge of the project.
- Prepares and/or assists in preparing project presentations to clients, both as part of business development efforts, and as part of project development and review process.
- Manage all phases and aspects of a variety of projects ranging across a broad spectrum of scale and complexity.
- Overall client relationship management, including responsiveness to client needs, opportunities and challenges. Keeps client apprised of project developments on a regular basis.
- Overall internal and external project team management, leveraging available resources as needed to achieve target project outcomes.
- Project financial management, including profitability, management to project scope and management of consulting fees.
- Project construction budget management, including aligning project scope with designed solutions early in the design process and throughout project delivery.
- Project schedule management, including coordination and communication across internal and external team in response to dynamically changing project scope and schedule conditions.
- Assists with negotiating fees and contracts, and maintaining alignment between fees and scope throughout the course of the project.
- Utilization of Deltek project management system, including preparing work plans and maintaining staffing scheduling in alignment with project delivery requirements and fee structure.
- Assistance managing consultant contracts in consultation with the Principal in Charge or other senior management personnel.
- Responsible for determining functional, spatial, fit and finish, and engineering requirements of projects, through consultation with the Client, collaborating with project designers, architects and consultant team as required to deliver a unified design solution for the Client’s review and approval.
- Management of the production of a complete set of construction documents with Designers, Project Managers, Technical Architects, Project Coordinators and the project consulting team, from the schematic design phase through construction administration.
- Implementation of quality control strategies for projects as required, including reviewing and editing document sets prior to issuance.
- Management of construction administration activities.
- Responsible for completing performance appraisals for direct report Project Managers and other staff as assigned.
- Mentors and develops junior staff; communicates with senior firm leadership regarding staff development needs and opportunities, promotion or discipline recommendations and the like.
- Communicates with the Principal in Charge and/or senior firm leadership regarding project issues as they arise.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Support organizational efforts to retain new clients and/or projects through business development research, strategic communications and strategic planning.
- Bachelors Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Architecture and minimum 15 years experience with an architectural firm or construction company as a Project Manager or Architect, with an emphasis on healthcare architecture projects. Licensed Architect preferred. NCARB accreditation preferred. LEED accreditation preferred. ACHA, EDAC or other healthcare credential preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of building codes and guidelines, including all those required to responsibly deliver healthcare project types.
- Strong problem solving skills, presentation skills, communication skills, leadership skills, and mentorship skills.
- Solid knowledge of healthcare design, market trends, space flow and functionality, manufacturer material application suitability, healthcare technology integration requirements, construction methods and sustainable solutions for healthcare environments.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Understanding of BIM / Revit project delivery considerations required.
- Understanding of IDP (Integrated Project Delivery) preferred.
- Understanding of LEED guidelines preferred.
- Strong hand drawing and/or CAD drafting skills required.
- Proficiency in AutoCad and/or Revit software required.
- Proficiency in MicroSoft Office Suite required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Proficiency in Deltek preferred.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability and effectiveness in meeting deadlines.
- Ability to advance thought leadership in healthcare architecture planning, construction technology or other related area preferred.
- Current architectural registration in jurisdiction of practice, continuing education and membership in industry related associations preferred.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is constructive in dealing with clients, consultants, co-workers, and management.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. This description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
M+A Architects is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Qualified candidates please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Senior Project Manager.