Be Inspired: Fall
I feel every year the seasons pass quicker...how is it fall already? Something about swinging on a hammock makes me forget about all the "not so important" stresses in life. Dusk creeping, slowly swinging and sipping a glass of wine...perfection. While lying on a hammock one night, I realized how beautiful the texture of the twisted rope, rough bark, smooth blue sky and the flickering glow of the candle was...I was inspired.
1. Paint: Sherwin Williams / Copper Mountain / 6356
Art: If you are looking for artwork that won't break the bank, visit art. com. I find this site extremely easy to use and very helpful when you aren't quite sure what you are looking for. Whether you are looking for abstract, black and white photography, or vintage art, you can find it all there...and you can find any genre of art you can think of.
2. Paint: Sherwin Williams / Edamame / 7729
3. Inspired by the rope of the hammock, this lamp is made out of one piece of molded paper rope. It is completely biodegradable. It is inspired by the continuous nature of string and the way string and rope is traditionally wrapped and sold in India. It went into manufacture and was sold through Moonriver, a prestigious home store. It was featured in the Elle Decor India Edition and Home Review.
6. Paint: Sherwin Williams / Sable / 6803
Table: Hudson Furniture Inc. / Knight Base Table / Shown in Bronze with Ciaro Walnut top. hudsonfurnitureinc.com
7. Paint: Sherwin Williams / Honeycomb / 6375
Wallcovering: Mi Casa Collection, Inc. / Rand / Cache / Chocolate Brown / Organic Material
8. Fireplace: Vent-free fireplaces are now becoming more popular and the old gas log fireplaces have been replaced by sleek and sophisticated designs. We recently designed a coffee shop / bar in the heart of downtown Columbus called Cup of Joe / MoJoe Lounge. We designed an area with a 3-sided fireplace to maximize the impact and give more patrons the opportunity to enjoy its warmth. Manufacturers now offer multiple designs, but one of my favorite companies has always been sparkfires.com.
by Carrie Boyd
Principal, Director - Interior Design
Carrie is a principal and the director of M+A's interior design studio. She enjoys staying on top of trends and interior materials, vacationing in Cabo San Lucas and cheering on the buckeyes.