Be Inspired: Japanese Cherry Trees
As a young girl, I remember having a very mature tree in our yard that would bloom the most beautiful white flower. And, as luck would have it, the first home I purchased has a street lined with these gorgeous trees. They are a type of Japanese Cherry Tree called Somei Yoshin. The blooms don’t last very long, but in early April I always look forward to driving down my street and seeing the white puffs like giant low hanging clouds.
1. Creative lighting can be a great way to bring the outside in.
2. Fit chair: Like petals on a flower, arrange these chairs in a cluster of five to make a conversation circle for a different type of learning/teaming atmosphere. Office and school environments especially are always looking for different ways for groups to collaborate. This chair allows individuals the ability to sit as you wish - the chair conforms to your body as you sit in it. We recently designed the O’Reilly Office showroom and used two of these chairs in their space. You really can’t help but want to sit in them when you see them.
3. Shaw Carpet: This style and pattern offers a new way for designers to think about carpet tiles. It comes in an 18”x36” format so you have more unique options for your installation method. Whether it is laid in a herringbone or basket weave pattern, it is sure to make a lasting impression. Check out their site to see other interesting colors and installation.
4. Paint: Sherwin Williams/ Gauntlet Gray / SW7019
5. The accent product in this image is called ModularArts. This particular pattern is called Bloom and has a 3 dimensional look and adds a very textural appearance to any room. These interlocking rock (gyp) tiles come in a smaller scale and are designed for tighter spaces. They also come in crates of six rather than the other product lines that have larger crate sizes. This makes it much more reasonable for smaller projects. We used this Modular arts product in the Dune pattern at an office lobby at Peninsula Town Center with great success! Also in this image is a light fixture from Y-Lighting. This is a great source for high end lighting at a practical price. Check out their website at www.ylighting.com.
6. Paint: Sherwin Williams/ French Roast / SW6069
7. Paint: Sherwin Williams/ Plum Blossom / SW6974
8. Paint: Sherwin Williams/ Wine Country / SW2901
by Carrie Boyd
Principal, Director - Interior Design
Carrie is a principal and the director of M+A's interior design studio. She enjoys staying on top of trends and interior materials, vacationing in Cabo San Lucas and cheering on the buckeyes.