Employee Spotlight: Chris Page
Meet our Director of Finance, Chris Page! Chris came to M+A in January 2017 after working in the healthcare industry for the last 16 years. We are thrilled to have him.
1. Where did you grow up?
Point Pleasant, West Virginia — Home of the Mothman.
2. Why are you passionate about finance and accounting?
I have always been drawn to numbers, probably because I’m not very creative or artistic. As I gained more knowledge about what the numbers mean for both individuals and for businesses, I have become more passionate about helping those with less financial knowledge learn what information is important and how to understand it.
3. What is your favorite part about living in Columbus?
The one thing I would miss most about Columbus if I left would be tailgating and going to Buckeye football games.
4. If you could design a building anywhere in the world, what would it be and where?
If I knew how to design a building I think it would be cool to design a Las Vegas casino.
5. Why did you choose M+A?
After being in healthcare for the past 16 years, I really wanted to learn about a new industry. I felt like my experience in a service-based company would translate well to M+A, and the position seemed to be a great match with what I have liked most about previous jobs.
6. If you didn't work in finance, what field would you work in?
If I had to pick a career outside of finance, I would be a real estate agent.
7. Who did you first see live in concert?
8. What/Who is your spirit animal?
9. What is the most incredible place you've traveled to and why?
I would say Aruba. It has great weather year round, nice beaches and pools to hang at during the day and great restaurants, nightlife, and casinos in the evenings.
10. What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
I was listening to a friend discuss the reasoning behind buying three pairs of the same shoe at the same time.
by ALEXANDRA PETERS
Alex is a marketing coordinator at M+A and a recent graduate of The Ohio State University with a B.A. in strategic communication. She loves watching Friends and hanging out with her real-life ones, too.